How It Can Happen
- Tampering with the doors and windows of the car.
- Tampering with the keyhole.
- Smashing the windows or windscreen.
- Using an ignition key of another vehicle.
- Using a piece of metal strip or tools to force open car doors.
- Never leave your engine running or key in the car if unattended.
- Park in well-lit places.
- Lock your door as soon you get into your car.
- Put all your belonging out of sight.
- Ensure all doors are locked before leaving your vehicle.
- Install and activate theft deterrent devices in your vehicle such as clutch locks, gear locks, and alarms.
- Sand blast car registration numbers on all windows and windscreens.
- Do not hand over car keys to unreliable car jockeys or to car wash attendants.
- Lock your motorcycle with a good pad lock.
The following devices are recommended to enhance the security of your vehicle:
Motor Car, Van & Lorry
- Steering wheel lock
- Clutch lock
- Brake lock
- Gear lock
- Anti theft alarm system
- Front wheel safety lock
- Cable lock
- Disc or Sprocket lock
- Shackle lock